Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pattern Release: Autumn Waves Sweater (and a free gift)

It's been way too long since I've posted to this blog.  Battle of the Stitches is half through Round 3 by now!  But, I come baring gifts!  Forgive me?

Friday, I released a new design, and I must say, it is definitely on my list of favorites to date.  The Autumn Waves Sweater can be made in any size you choose, using any yarn brand or weight and any hook.  The pattern, rather than being based on matching gauge and following stitch counts, is done based on measurements, so you are sure to get the perfect fit for each person you make it for. 

I know the thought of having to take measurements can be a little overwhelming to some.  "Am I measuring this right?"  "Where exactly on the body to I take that measurement?" Well, the Craft Yarn Council has compiled a very detailed PDF full of sizing information and information on how to take proper measurements.  This will be helpful to those without the person they are making it for, also, as most measurements needed to make the sweater can be found in their sizing charts.  It might not be a custom fit, but it will definitely put you in their size range.

I think my testers did an amazing job on their sweaters, and I would love to see what you do with yours, too!  You can add a project to Ravelry, Craftsy, or simply share a photo on my Facebook wall. 

From now until the end of September, I'm offering a special to my blog readers.  Buy the sweater, and get one of the coordinating patterns (being released on 9/19/2014 - see sample photos at the bottom of the post) for free!  No coupons needed.  Just email me a copy of your receipt after you purchase the sweater and let me know if you'd like the skirt or the slouch/cowl pattern.  When the pattern is ready for release, you will receive it through Ravelry as my gift to you!

Tested by Denise Starcher
 
Tested by Jowita Czarnecka

Tested by Mandy Jo of The Knotting Ham

Tested by Noelle Christensen

Buy the Autumn Waves Sweater on Ravelry or Craftsy before 9/30/2014 and receive ONE of the following patterns as a gift for your purchase (remember to email me with your choice of pattern and your receipt for the sweater).  LittleLuvies@aol.com

Autumn Waves Slouch/Cowl
The Autumn Waves Slouch/Cowl is both all in one.  It is closed at the top with a drawstring to be worn as a hat.  Left open, it is worn around the neck as a cowl.  This pattern is also worked to measurements. Any yarn, hook and gauge can be used. These measurements are provided in a chart at the end of the pattern.


Autumn Waves Skirt
The Autumn Waves Skirt is another versatile pattern.  It can be worn as a longer skirt or as a tube dress as shown here, or can be worn as a halter top (photo not shown) in the warmer months.  Also done by measurements, so that any yarn, hook and gauge can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment